One of my favorite ways to grill is to make kabobs, especially when cooking and grilling for guests!
This is a great choice when tailgating as well, food on a stick is convenient and easy!
Give this recipe a try!
Know The Goal
Sunflower Orange Glaze Chicken Kabobs
2 cups organic orange juice
½ cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon local honey
1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or finely crushed sunflower seeds
zest of ½ an orange (about ½ tablespoon of zest)
For the kabobs
1½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
Red, yellow and or green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
1 onion, cut into peces
12 small mushroom caps
12 grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Coarse grond black pepper
Fresh cilantro, to garnish
Sliced green onions, to garnish
¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
1. Place a large saute pan over medium heat and add all ingredients for orange glaze. Whisk to combine. Let reduce for about 20-25 minutes.
2. When the sauce is done cooking, remove from heat and set aside.
While the sauce is cooking, toast the sunflower seeds. Place in a small sauté pan over medium heat and toss for about 10 minutes, until brown.
3. Using metal or bamboo skewers, make the kabobs: alternate between vegetables and chicken until you’ve used all your ingredients. Sprinkle each kabob with salt, and garlic powder.
4. Turn grill to a medium high heat. Once grill is hot, place kabobs on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on all 4 sides. Cook until no pink in the middle of the chicken remains.
5. Remove kabobs from grill and drizzle orange sunflower sauce over the top and garnish with toasted sunflower seeds, cilantro and sliced green onions.