What does it mean to you to be your best?
How do you want your families to see you and think of you? As a hard worker? As someone to aspire to be like?
Of course we do and sometimes life gets so busy that we lose track of what we’re doing in our own lives to be our best. What does it mean to be our best? I know I’ve asked this question twice now, but it’s a strong question, and one that we should definitely know the answer to.
To help you get on your way to answer this question I’ve broken down three areas of our life that we can focus on today that will help us to be our best.
The three things that I have personally come to live by that I consider my foundation for being my best
Here’s how they break down
Mind – To be our smartest we have to constantly be training our mind, this becomes especially true when start to get older. I’m not just talking about reading a book, or doing a crossword puzzle. Yes, reading and activities that help us think are very important, and they’re a must for us to be our smartest, but when we talk about the Mind, we also have to take into consideration, Positive Affirmation. Telling ourselves the good things we do daily, reinforcing good thoughts so that we keep a clear focused mind and are happy with who we’re becoming. Negative thoughts can be the most damaging and unhealthy things we can do to ourselves. To be our best mentally we must train the mind everyday.
Here are two ways to do this everyday:
1. Write down a positive affirmation list. Things that are good about you, and read it every morning first thing when you wake up. This way you’re putting positive thoughts into the mind and those positive thoughts are the seeds that start your day, they will grow throughout the day and you will find yourself in a positive mood more often.
2. Second, be sure to read something positive for 10 minutes straight every day. You may already be doing this, but if you’re not, be sure to start. It’s not long, 10 minutes a day, but this will help you to continue to exercise the mind, and just like our bodies, are brains want to be pushed, that’s what makes them better, don’t let the mind get lazy.
Body – When we think of training this is what most of us consider, our workout, whether it be running, walking, weight training, yoga, or anything else. Yes, these are all important, for the same reason as mentioned in the mind, the body wants to be pushed, challenged to be its best, so to be your best you need to be exercising at minimum 3 times per week for at least 45 minutes at a time. If your schedule allows for more than great, do more, but at minimum, you MUST make the time to exercise the body, and get the blood pumping. Your heart will thank you!
There’s a second part of Body, and that’s how we feed ourselves. 45 minutes of exercise or reading for 10 minutes is the easy part, the real training in life, happens in the kitchen.
What are we putting in our bodies to be our best? It’s so important that we take advantage of food and view it like its medicine, the healing power of food is above and beyond any medicine man has ever created. Train yourself to eat clean, so that you know you’re doing everything you can to be your healthiest! Here are 3 ways you can train yourself daily:
- Eat vegetables at 3 meals per day, they’re high in nutrition and fiber, and the body loves them
- Try to eat 1 gram or more of protein per body pound, this will help you burn fat and build muscle.
- You knew it was coming…..Stay Away From Processed SUGAR, That’s my biggest one always because there’s nothing good about processed sugar, the more you stay away from it, the healthier you’ll be
Motivation – How are you motivating yourself daily? Lets face it, life can beat us down, and it does everyday. It’s up to us to motivate ourselves to be positive and to be our best. This can be tough to do but here are a few ways you can be sure to motivate your self daily:
- Above I mentioned writing a positive affirmation script to read daily, and I believe its so important that I’m mentioning it again…..Do It… Trust Me!
- Surround yourself with positive influence, people can make or break your motivation so choose wisely
- Review the good things you’ve done at the end of your day, did you exercise, did you eat right, did you read, did you fill your head with positive thought? This should be a rewarding feeling, knowing that each day you’re putting in your best effort to be the best that you can.
So why do I say all of this? Because I’ve seen so many people change their lives for the better in such a short amount of time simply by focusing on the basics. I want this for you to, and I KNOW you want it for you to.
The fact is there are some things nobody will ever be able to do for you, its up to you. Our training never stops because we can always work on being better. Being at our best, means trying to be better everyday, so if we’re putting in the effort we will always know what it means to be our best.
As you’ve heard me say before…..
What You Can
While You Can
Because You Can