I’ve been experimenting more and more with substituting pasta with different types of squash and this was a home run if you’re a lasagna lover! Perfect dish to bring to parties, have on game day or meal prep for the week! Give it a shot!
Know the Goal
– 1 large spaghetti squash
– 1 pound ground bison or organic grass fed beef
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 2 carrots finely chopped
– 6-10 mushrooms finely chopped
– 1/2 pepper (any color) diced
– 1 cup pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (check ingredients for no sugar added)
– 1 can organic diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 2 teaspoons dried oregano
– salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 eggs, whisked
– nitrate free turkey pepperoni (optional)
– shredded almond cheese (optional)
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes – Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
– Prepare an 8×8 greased baking dish.
– In a large pot over medium heat, brown bison or beef and break up into pieces.
– Add veggies until they begin to soften
– Add pizza sauce, tomatoes, spices and salt and pepper. Mix well.
– Add spaghetti squash threads and whisked eggs to the mixture
– Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust.
– Optional: top with pepperoni and cheese.